First teaser published
A short video about Paddlers is now available on YouTube.
31.05.2020 - Version 0.1.3
Greatly Extended Visitor System + Looking at Other's Villages + Generated AI Villages
Note: The installation of the new version also came with a database reset.
- There are now two different types of visitors with respect to their path-finding. Non-hurried visitors will stop and rest until they are either happy or another non-hurried visitor takes its place.
- The starting story/tutorial now goes a few steps further and makes use of non-hurried visitors to ensure the player does not miss them.
- Each group of visitor will now send a thank you letter if any of them were satisfied.
- In the new mailbox view, rewards sent alongside letters can be collected. The mailbox view is accessible through a new secondary tab menu within the visitors view.
- Everybody can now look into anybody's village.
- A bunch of anarchistic places are now generated during world generation. (anarchists = AI controlled)
- The hobo-type of Paddlers now live in a new building type, nests, and you can invite them to visit your town. Nests are currently only available to anarchists.
- Numerous fixes and improvements in UI, consistency between server and client, robustness, and some attempts towards balancing.
Beyond that, this update most likely introduces just as many new bugs and problems as it fixes.
Demo database reset
All players have been deleted but the accounts remain in the user database.
Upon logging in, new player accounts will be created starting with an empty town again.
25.04.2020 - Version 0.1.2
Dialogue View + Clean Start for New Players
With version 0.1.2, I decided to write a quick summary of new features and improvements for each version bump.
Here is what is new since 0.1.1:
- Each player now has an associated "Story State" which tracks the progress in the main story.
- New players will now start without a temple and without the ability to place any buildings.
- A new view has been added, the dialogue view, which is used to show multi-slide conversations with Paddlers and UI buttons for player interaction.
- Selecting units or placing new buildings can trigger a view change now, to enable the dialogue view to be opened at the right moment.
- When loading the page, a story state dependent view is loaded instead of always the town view.
- Texts can now be loaded from a localizable .mo file, following the GNU gettext standard.
- Cleaned up the downloading process which now ensures that all data is loaded properly and in the right order.
- To prevent locked units, the game-master now refuses to place building where a unit stands or when a unit is currently walking to that place. Does not prevent the frontend to attempt it, yet. A refresh is required to have a valid view in the browser again.
- Technical changes regarding rendering: Fewer flushes thanks to finding a bug in the combination of meshes. Meshes now as general render variant. Experimental pre-rendered caching of town background.